Class of 2020
01. What did you study at SU and when did you graduate?
Bachelors in Health Sciences 2019, Masters in Occupational Therapy 2020
02. What is your professional role – how would you describe your work?
I am a registered and licensed occupational therapist at Louisville East Post Acute Rehab. I provide OT services to adult/geriatric populations to help them increase their independence in activities of daily living.
03. What are the ways Spalding University helped prepare you for what you are currently experiencing both at work and in your personal life?
Spalding helped prepare me for the OT field by providing me with hands on experience while in the classroom. I have been able to put those skills to use and provide the best therapeutic interventions to my patients.
04. What is your favorite memory from your time at SU?
My favorite SU memory is being apart of the volleyball team. Being a student-athlete while in college helped develop my time management and communication skills.
05. What was your favorite spot on campus as a student?
The Cafe. My teammates and friends would meet there for lunch almost every day. Omar was always so friendly and welcoming to everyone.
Always stay motivated and believe in yourself.
Contact Vay Bailey at [email protected] if you, or someone you know, would like to be featured in our monthly 8-5-1 Alumni Spotlight.